A RULE OF THUMB I CAME UP AFTER DOING ALMOST 4 MONTHS OF INTERMITTENT FASTING IS
- That after 16 hours of fasting you are expected to lose 0.1 pound of body fat each hour on average.
It means that if you fast for 20 hours you’ll lose about 0.4 pounds (200 grams) of body fat.
With one caveat that the rule above is based on assumption that on 16th hour of the fast you body storage of glycogen is depleted.
And for this to happen, you need to eat Real Food: no sugar, no soft drinks, no juices, no sweets, snacks and starchy food.
PLAN OF ACTION
- Lose weight until 70 kg (154 pounds) in upcoming months (about 3 – 4 months).
- Then start doing resistive training at least 3 times a week with dumbbells to gain lean mass (muscle) until I reach back 75 kg (165 pounds).
- When lean mass is growing body fat percentage goes down.
- More lean mass means even more energy burn and this way I end up at 15 % body fat in the end.