Why not to try Visual Studio Community 2015?
Try to follow these steps for low probability of success installation
- Download VS iso file from MS DreamSpark site
- Mount the image using instructions from How-To Geek, for instance those ones.
- Confirm Default installation.
- When you’ll find out that installation will be stuck use Your Uninstaller to get rid of VS 2015.
- When you’ll find out that removal process will be stuck (how funny) kill vs_community.exe *32 process in Windows Task Manager.
- Finally, remove VS 2015.
Now you have two options left
- Reinstall VS Community 2015 with Repair option and pray it will work this time.
- Switch to Java on IntelliJ/ Eclipse on Ubuntu (or Windows).